Friday, July 24, 2009

Welcome Home LANE!


After 4 weeks and 1 day in the NICU, Lane Elizabeth is home. She came home after her 4 pm feeding. I'm holding her as I type this and can not believe she is here. I feel like I had her a couple days ago - the emotions are right on the surface. I'm overwhelmed, in love, frightened, excited, anxious, to name a few. We didn't tell many people that she was probably coming home because we were worried that it wouldn't happen.
Lane is home on a monitor to watch her heart rate and breathing. If she stops breathing for more than 20 seconds, the monitor will blare an obnoxious alarm to alert us. She will continue on caffeine, vitamins, and NeoSure 22. Once a month, the monitor will be downloaded to check her apnea episodes and we'll continue for there. The Dr did mention that outpatient testing might be required in the future in Omaha.
We brought her home in a pink dress, white tights, and pink ballet shoes. I can't believe I am holding my little beautiful princess.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!