Saturday, April 12, 2014

Sweet Seven Year Old


Alex is developing empathy and generosity. It hasn't been an automatic, innate quality for him or at least he hasn't shown it over the years. It's just who he is, whether it was due to his disability that makes empathy more difficult to present itself or simply his personality, I don't know. Or maybe he is maturing, part of his uneven development, is shining through in a positive way.
Yesterday Alex was honored for his good grades at school at Shorthorn Roundup. Afterward he asked Andrew to take him to a store to get flowers and a gift complete with a gift bag to surprise me. WOW! It isn't my birthday or a holiday. He wanted to get something because he loves me and he's grateful for everything I do. He wanted to make me happy.
I was truly surprised and loved that he showered me with affection. I was told that the store employees were impressed that he wanted to buy things for his mom.
I am staring at my flowers today, using lotion, and excited to use sugar body scrub later. I look forward to watching this part of Alex develop as he continues to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!