Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Audiologist

This is a photo of Laney waiting patiently for the pediatrician for over 45 minutes.

Lane is taking her time with her vocabulary. Her AEA OT and home teacher suggested taking her to the audiologist. I've been through this before with Gabriel and while I don't look forward to it, I don't mind going either. Unfortunately, Lane failed all three tests indicating a minor hearing loss. The audiologist thought her ear looked red so I was instructed to take her to the pediatrician for a follow-up and then go back after she was cleared medically. One big positive about living in a small city is that I can get into the pediatrician's office quickly on most days. Later in the afternoon, I took her to the Dr who determined that she did not have an ear infection or fluid in her ear. Her ear drums aren't responding appropriately. We have to take her to the ENT to see if more is going on with her hearing than an ear infection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!