Monday, October 14, 2013

5 months later...

Out of the blue, someone asked if us if she could babysit for us. She is local and a mom who knows my children. She spent time with all of us for a few hours during the week in an effort to get the kids used to her being in our home. Then Saturday arrived and she was at our home for 2 and a half hours.
It's very challenging to find someone we trust to watch our children. Even though they are older, I can't trust just anyone to handle their little quirks and issues. In an emergency, I'm confident I have friends who could step in and figure things out but for date night, I want the kids to be well cared for in our home.
We had our first date night in five months!! Wowzers! It was really nice to get out and reconnect with each other. Even after 17 years, we still have a lot to talk about and it helped to have a couple glasses of wine.
I also found out that my husband deleted me from his Twitter account. I laughed so hard because I couldn't believe my husband would purge me! He said that he gave me a few months to tweet something but when I didn't, he deleted me. I didn't know spouses deleted each other from Twitter nor did I realize that I had a time frame to tweet something. It is a good thing social media didn't exist when I was younger because this would be a huge ordeal if I was 15 again.
When we got home, the kids were happily playing. It was wonderful to get away for a break together and then see our happy little munchkins. They even painted a pumpkin and turned it into a red Angry Bird.

I hope the babysitter will come back again in a few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!