Monday, October 14, 2013

Fun Run 2013


Schools have fundraisers to help with dwindling budgets allotted to schools. This isn't a political post but one about the fundraiser done at our school this year. The Fun Run was held last week.
The students ran around smaller than average laps marked by cones on the grassy field. Music blared as young adults encouraged the students to run. The company in charge of the Fun Run spoke about friendship and how to be a good friend. 


I pledged $1 per lap run by two guys. Each student was given matching shirts with lap numbers on the back of the shirt. My guys ran 28/35 laps but I learned later that they refused to have their shirt marked with each lap run so they might have run more laps. 
I wasn't sure if Gabriel would participate and I found out later that he was reluctant because he thought it was PE.  He also told me that he wore his polo under his Fun Run shirt to avoid PE. 

It was nice to see Gabriel figure our a way to participate - he walked with either a friend, his aide, or Alex. 
 

I hadn't told the boys that Lane and I would be at the Fun Run. They seemed happy to see me and I enjoyed watching Alex point me out to his classmates. 



Lane used a squirt bottle to get the middle school students full of water.  She laughed so hard. 


I was grateful for the cloud cover that day. Otherwise it would be a miserable event. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!