Thursday, October 23, 2014

Halloween Costumes 2014

For several years, we've had themed Halloween costumes for the entire family. This year, the boys, ages 9 and 8, have decided to stray from our theme idea. Since they need to wear the costume, it's only fair to give up my theme idea.
Lane has been more disappointed than I was to switch to individual costumes. She has change the boys costumes to fit her theme, in her mind any way. She thought about being Ariel which means Alex's costume idea is really Ursula. Gabriel wants to be a dog so he becomes Prince Eric's sheepdog, Max.

Alex picked out his costume. His choice? A devil. I am unsure why he chose a devil, it isn't something we talk about at home very often. Alex has told me that another third grade student told him that he has to go to church. In response, he said, "I already know about God, so I don't have to go." I asked him if he would like to attend a church meeting and he has no interest.
We do talk about God, religion, and spirituality a lot in our home. Taking all three children to a church would be rather challenging at this stage of the game. I remember asking the pastor at the hospital how in the world we would take Gabriel to church with his current behavior. It didn't take long for the pastor to agree that it would be nearly impossible to find an appropriate congregation for our family.
In any case, I will have a princess, a dog, and a devil this Halloween. Alex has informed me that he wants to dress up like God next year. I'm glad I have a year to figure that costume out! It's clear that God doesn't look like Jesus either because he wants to be Jesus the following year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!