Thursday, October 23, 2014

Lunch Mystery

Gabriel has become a picky eater since his hospital stay. I would be the same way after his ordeal with food. Poor buddy.
Our week day routine involves me picking up from school at 12:30. I ask him what he would like to eat. If I fail to ask him, he might ask me for something as we near the house. Since we live 15-20 minutes from town, it adds quite a bit of time to our day to turn around to get him what he desires.
Yesterday I asked him what he would like for lunch as part of our usual conversation at 12:34 pm. He told me that he wanted to go to the restaurant that has movies and pizza. Hmmm... a restaurant that has movies and pizza? I asked, "was I there?" "Yes" he replied. "Was Daddy there?" Then he started getting agitated. "Yes! Don't you remember?" he inquired.
Thankfully we drove past the restaurant and he pointed it out. Pizza Hut was our destination of the day! Andrew and I have taken him to the Pizza Hut buffet once and there are three tvs in the eating area.
There is NO way I would have figured out the restaurant that has movies and pizza if we hadn't driven past it. I'm grateful we drove past it or it could have resulted in a meltdown that is medically dangerous. Unfortunately, I drive past Pizza Hut every day if I don't take an alternate route. I need to remember that alternate route home to avoid a daily trip to the pizza buffet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!