Monday, December 9, 2013

Local Farmers Market

A local horse ranch hosted a farmers market. It's only a few miles down the highway from us and I wanted to see what it was like. Local produce was sold by farmers in the county. While it was small, it felt important to suppose our local farmers. 
I learned about a "you pick" farm nearby   I want to take the kids to learn more about vegetables, gardens, and farms. I do not enjoy gardening though I've tried a couple times but I love the idea of gardening and obviously love the fresh food. 
Gabriel picked honey, turnips, and purple beans for us to buy. Andrew found grass fed beef and I splurged on goats milk soap. 
The kids ran around playing on farm. I took cute fall photos with their props.
  


We took a tour of the barn and learned about the horses. The kids got to pet the horses and we gathered information about horse riding lessons.  It's expensive and the kids are busy with dance and school so we will wait a few months before getting involved in horseback riding. 


The kids thought that this slide was way cool too. It was a lovely afternoon.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!