Sunday, March 2, 2014

Dr Seuss

The boys are celebrating Dr Seuss's birthday all week. They will wear crazy socks, red and white, fun hats, and more. I think it's going to be a fun week for second graders! 
It happens to be Gabriel's snack tomorrow so we scoured the internet for ideas. I liked the marshmallow and fruit kabobs (Cat in the Hat) or goldfish (One Fish, Two Fish) snack ideas.  Gabriel wasn't thrilled with them though.  We compromised with green eggs and ham. 
Little did I know that it would take three store trips to find the candy melts but it was worth the hassle because I think it turned out cute. 
The green eggs and ham are very easy to make with pretzels, m and m's, and candy melts.  It only took a few minutes to assemble and put in snack bags.  I was able to find a free printable for the snack bag here: http://musthavemom.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Dr-Seuss-Bday-Printables.pdf, turned it into a topper and I was done. Gabriel eats gluten free so his snack bag only has candy melts and green m and m's. 
The boys also gave their classmates Dr Seuss  book marks that I found on clearance last year.  $2 for 40 bookmarks was a deal I couldn't pass up this past summer. I was thrilled that I remembered to send them in! 
Unfortunately, Gabriel announced that he hates Dr Seuss and Cat in the Hat so I'm a little nervous about his reaction to his coming week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!