Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Dinosaur World

Every time we drive to the Tampa area, we pass a place called Dinosaur World. We've driven past it many times since 2001 and every time we tell each other that we should check the place out. The problem being that there are so many cool places to go to here in Central Florida that we forget about some of them.
One of the coupon sites had discounts on admission, making it more feasible to jump at the opportunity to try something new. I anticipated a run down, very small park. What we found we much better. I supposed it's good to have low expectations!


The kids enjoyed a large playground. There was a building with an education tour. We learned about fossils and how archeologists dig and find fossils. In the building there was a touching area, which is always a good thing for my three sensory kids. 


Our favorite part was the walk through trees and over a stream that showcased many dinosaurs. The kids were learned a lot and wanted to read every sign. It was well shaded and showcased Florida's natural beauty.
There are no rides or food stands and that was a positive for me. It was nice to have a day of walking around and learning about new things. The kids didn't even know they were learning, double bonus!
I don't think I would go back, unless we had a huge dinosaur buff or a toddler who enjoyed running around a nice park. I don't think it would hold my kids' interest again. It is worth the visit, especially with a coupon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!