Friday, May 15, 2015

Haircuts

Gabriel copes with his anxiety and haircuts by asking Lane to get her hair trimmed at the same time. This presents a problem when Alex wants to be included but so far we've made it work. Gabriel and Lane go first and then Alex has his turn. Lane still wants long hair so it's a simple hair cut for her.
The stylist asked Lane if she wanted her hair washed this time and she happily tried out the "big girl" hair wash. It was just as exciting to see Lane get her hair washed in a salon as it was to see each of my children get their first hair cuts. 

 
Lane's hair wash prompted the boys to ask for the same so off they went to the sinks too. Gabriel was anxious about water in his ears and eyes and ended up with a shirt drenched in water. Alex was able to stay still though.
It's getting easier to take the kids for simple things like haircuts. I'm glad the days of avoiding salons/barbers for a couple years is past us (for now). I'm glad I don't have to trim their hair unless I want to save money. I haven't lost sight of how challenging it was just a mere year ago to find a place to take the boys for hair cuts and I am grateful we are in this better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!