Monday, May 18, 2015

Chapter Book

One of the third grade teachers allowed me to borrow James and the Giant Peach.  Lane and I spent several nights reading it.  I wasn't entirely sure if, at the age of five, she understood what we were reading.  We trudged on any way. 
Then Alex's third grade teacher loaned the movie to me.  Prior to reading the book, James and his Peach weren't on my radar at all.  I had zero interest in reading it.
It was a great book and a fun movie!  I am so glad we took the time to read the book and followed up with the movie.  
I'm thrilled to report that Lane asked me if we could compare and contrast the movie and the book! She remembered the differences and similarities of the two and that was very exciting.  I'm so glad she has high comprehension skills.  Now that her first chapter book is read, it's time to pick another one.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!