Sunday, June 5, 2011

Crayon people

I went through the boys paperwork from school School has been done for a week but I was recovering from surgery and sorting papers wasn't high on my to do list.
There were neat gifts for the boys in their backpacks and thankfully I remembered to empty Gabriel's lunch bag. That would have been a funky disaster at the end of summer.
The kids and I sorted the crayons as well We had a lot of broken crayons sitting in our old Thomas the Tank Engine box. It was time to move on to something new
Since I am frugal and a former preschool teacher, I didn't have the heart to throw away the crayons. Instead, the kids and I took off the paper, broke them into smaller pieces, and created crayon people.
I've been surprised at the creativity my children have used with their crayon people already. There have been several little games created with them so far. Here is a photo of the broken crayons and the finished product.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!