Friday, June 3, 2011

Parenting Tip: Buy an inexpensive water table


Sensory tables have been seen in preschool rooms for years. I remember seeing them when I was a kid. They were filled with sand and toys, sometimes water or rice. It didn't matter, we loved it. Teachers get creative and create fascinating scenes for children. Science museums do the same favor for kids.
All three of my children LOVE to play with our water table. I've put rice in it with cars. I've put only toys in it and tons and tons of water. I even put a pond of plastic duckies in it for a birthday party We've had our table since 2004. It has endured the weight of many children through the years and it's still in great shape.
I think I paid less than $30 for this gem. If I were to figure out the play to money scale on this beauty, I would have to say it passes. You can skip the fancier versions, kids honestly don't care.
My kids played with ours this afternoon while I cleaned our back deck. They did their "work" too they told me, as they dumped water all over the deck. It was a blissful moment to watch them play together so nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!