Friday, July 22, 2011

Do angels exist?


I've never thought about angels in the sense of them existing among us. I have considered kind spirits who help us and maybe that is the same thing. I don't know if they exist but now I'm tipping over the believer fence.
Yesterday started out fine. The kids are getting adjusted to their new home. Our living room sofa, love seat, and chair were delivered. They are red to appease ASD boy. Though, they are very comfortable. I normally would bypass a red sofa but so be it. I am crossing my fingers that he doesn't hate red next week.
Then I noticed Brody, our ten year old sweet dog, was still bleeding from his surgery. The vet at the emergency clinic told us that if anything continued to happen to him, nothing could be done further for him. So I called our vet who is 45 minutes away and took him in with our three children.
I am not ready for our dear dog to be put to sleep and in that mindset, I got Brody and the kids situated in the vet's office. It's a cluttered office with fish, a lizard, and old benches to sit on. It's a small price to pay for a fantastic vet. He also has a pet raccoon and parrots in the hallway. It's like a small zoo visit for the kids.
I had tears in my eyes and then a family walked out with their deceased Golden Retreiver in their arms. Out came the tears. A flood actually. I'm thankful the kids were busy looking at the zoo when they walked out of the room.
The vet said that Brody looks okay and that he will continue to bleed as he bumps his incision. What a nightmare for him - we have to take extreme care of him for the next ten days.
Hooray for good news and the roller coaster that is my life continues. I decided to pick up Mexican for dinner to avoid cooking. As I pulled out into an intersection, I heard a horn blaring. I couldn't tell where it was coming from but looked to my left and saw an older man barreling toward me. Adreneline rushed into my system and my heavy foot hit on the gas. Somehow this driver stopped a foot away from where my van was positioned.
My body continued to shake as I drove home and I began contemplated if angels exist. I still don't have an answer but I can't figure out where the horn noise was coming from or how I knew to step on the gas. I usually freeze.
Either way, I am more than grateful that I am still here today. I am still a mother, a friend, a daughter, a granddaughter, and more to the people I love. I had a tough time driving to get furniture today but I made it and given the circumstances, I am glad I was able to do and everyone is okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!