Friday, July 29, 2011

Silliness Pursues

We have a lot to accomplish before getting our house in order. We need the house in order prior to getting back to a decent routine.
This is our fifth cross country move but our first with three young children. Andrew has been back to work for two weeks and I have been left to my own devices to deal with daily tasks as well as unpacking and organizing. I also have to purchase furniture. It's fun to pick out things I like (or in the case of the red couches, something our kids like) but it takes time and extra energy with three children who have little interest in furniture shopping.
Yesterday I took a break from it all. I played with the kids and had a fantastic time. Of course, I feel guilty because I have to get this house in order so Gabriel's world is back in order. I have to start deep cleaning and get the kids back in therapy, classes, etc.. Oh well, for one day we were silly and lighthearted. It was nice to sit and interact with my three beauties rather than give in to the pressure of creating our home. I think it was good for my soul.
At night, I read the Go To Sleep Book. I highly recommend it to any parent. I laughed through the entire thing, again.
Here is a photo of Lane being a silly potato head.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!