Thursday, February 2, 2012

Oh Poo


I didn't forget the "h" as in Pooh, I mean POO. As in crap, poop, doodoo, #2... you get the picture. I love diarrhea stories. Nothing makes me laugh harder than a funny diarrhea story but I am sick of dealing with poo in my home.
If it smells bad in my home, I have no idea who it came from or where it is. How gross is that? With two aging dogs, I never know if they will lose their ability to make it outside so that's a constant fear of mine. We have to walk them a couple times a day since we don't have a back yard at our home. We are constantly picking up poo from two LARGE dogs. Yuck!
Lane refuses to poo on the potty so it could easily be in her diaper. If it is Lane, it could very well be smeared all over the table, chair, in her hair, on her face, on her clothing, and any crack and crevice she can get it in. Doesn't that make her less charming? We can't seem to get her to stop touching it when she poos in her diaper.
Gabriel has issues with the bathroom. I think it's related to his sensory and poor fine motor skills. He can't wipe well and tends to get poo all over the toilet seat. The school nurse called earlier this week to ask if I could go to the school to calm Gabriel down.
Apparently he yelled for someone to wipe his tush and then got upset when no one could do it. For some reason, the nurse was told that he has pooped his pants. I usually have the ability to go to the school quickly but Lane was at a pediatrician's appointment so Gabriel had to wait.
The nurse called again when I was walking to the car. Gabriel changed himself and it was an underwear issue. He was able to change himself and return to class.
Before I sound like I'm blasting the nurse or teachers, I need to clarify something I found out. They were told they couldn't help him becaus eit isn't on his IEP. Prior to those instructions, they were helping him without a problem.
Now Gabriel has decided that he won't use the restroom at school because he doesn't want to go to the nurses office. We've explained that he won't have to see the nurse every time he uses the restroom but he's convinced that this will solved his problem. My poor son is having so many issues with school that could easily be resolved and I'm frustrated for him.
Another IEP meeting will be called in order to resolve this issue and discuss his gluten intolerance. I wasn't prepared for these battles when we moved here. I'll continue to fight for our son and his rights though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!