Thursday, January 31, 2013

Little Laney


Lane's vocabulary is extensive. I know it's not just me gloating as her mother because she scored high on her speech evaluation recently. Yesterday she told me that her appetite disappeared. I don't know why but when a three year old says words like appetite and disappeared, it makes me giggle. It's just so darn cute to me. Some other new words are guacamole and pirouette. Guacamole sounded like macaroni and she calmly explained, "No Mommy, the green dip."
Lane's brand new development is she can draw people that look like people! She has been doodling and coloring for as long as I can remember. She handed me a paper yesterday and explained that she drew a butterfly and humans. When I looked at the paper, there were litle butterflies and people. Today she drew her family. We all have faces, arms, and legs. Daddy is the biggest, Lane is in the middle, and Gabriel is on the end. I'll have to look up what it means when Alex and I are floating on the bottom of the family. She told me that she didn't include Brody and Eddie, our dogs, but she didn't give me a reason.

I foresee many fun craft projects now that she has an understanding for shapes and forms creating things. I'm excited for this new development in Lane's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!