Saturday, January 25, 2014

"Baby" feet

Lane is four and a half years old. On many levels she is still so young and yet my mind wonders, " how can she be four already?!"  
At this age, Alex was in preK four full days a week. He was very verbal, athletic, smart, and barely potty trained.  I swear he would still be in diapers at age 7 if we hadn't pushed the issue with him. He had no interest in potty training. 
At this age, Gabriel was the oldest of three. He was the sweetest little boy who loved blue, trains, and his family. He was in preK full time. Our free time was spent at play dates, story time, and therapy. 
Lane has become very active, almost bordering on dangerous. She loves dolls, princesses, dance, and art.  She has a heart of gold and her feelings are easily hurt. 
The other day, Lane took photos with my phone, unbeknownst to me. Most of the 50 photos held little significance for me. However, the following photo of her chunky feet held my attention. It illustrates how young age four really is - her little toes and chubby feet remind me that she is still a young developing child who has been on this earth for a mere 55 months.  What a whirlwind 55 months it has been with her.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!