Monday, November 3, 2014

ER Visit for Mom

I spent Friday night and Saturday in an incredible amount of pain. It was in my lower right abdomen and it reminded me of ovarian cyst pain I had a couple years ago. My goal was to make it until Monday morning before seeking medical attention. However, the pain became unbearable Sunday night so the kids and Andrew drove me to the hospital.
I spent 9 hours at the hospital and I was finally discharged at 4:40 am. I didn't get any sleep but I was able to get decent pain medication to feel better. I had an ultrasound, CAT scan (that included gross contrast with Gatorade), blood work, and a urinalysis to determine what was going on with me. The nurse told me that she thought it was my gall bladder until I reminded her that I no longer have a gall bladder. Then she determined that I had a UTI even though I knew it wasn't that type of pain. I know my body well and it ended up being a 6x8 cm ovarian cyst. Holy hell does it hurt.
When the nurse gave me an IV, I became an emotional mess. I've also been a compliment, easy going patient but after our hellish summer, the tears exploded. I couldn't help but think about all of the times Gabriel did a "push" of medication as I watched her inject medication into my line. The emotional wounds are far from healed from this summer.
I am feeling better and I think the cyst is gone without complications. I vote for no more hospital visits for a while for Mai family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!