Sunday, November 23, 2014

Peghorn Park

Lane had her first field trip last week. I was excited to join her a a chaperone.  I have fond memories of my mom taking me on my field trips in Denver when I was in elementary school there.  (We were at the same zoo less than two months ago that I went to on a field trip!) 
The school is walking distance to Peghorn Park.  We walked to the nature area and listened to a story about tracks. Then the kids decorated a walking stick with colorful tape, string, feathers , and beads.   


We went a short hike to discover animal tracks and animals.  Then ended the four hour field trip with lunch at the playground. 


Ten parents volunteered to chaperone   It was such a great turn out for a first field trip.  Lane is in a great class with a wonderful teacher.  
The field trip was much like the nature center activities I used to take the kids to in Iowa.  I doubt Lane has any memories of it since we moved here when she was two years old but it was a day that jogged some sweet memories.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!