Saturday, September 17, 2011

Challenger baseball




Gabriel had his first baseball game today. It's the challenger league for children with special needs. I wasn't sure what to expect but had heard great things about the program.
When we arrived, Gabriel told me he was curious. He meant "anxious" and he didn't want to play the game.
I took him to the dugout after receiving his bag with mitt, helmet, and hat. I introduced him to one of the volunteers (his buddy) and Gabriel calmed down. It helped that his buddy knew about Mario and Luigi.
Gabriel's buddy did a great job helping him. Gabe hit the ball and learned about running to the bases. He was distracted by the love bugs but his coach said that was fine, the love bug could play too.
It was a great feeling to see my son involved in a sport with people who understand him. It's a rare feeling these days and my heart was full watching him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!