Friday, September 9, 2011

Lane swims!




Lane has been taking swim lessons for a few weeks. It's a four week class that is every day for ten minutes. It's mostly drowning prevention. After witnessing Alex at the bottom of a pool, I've wanted the kids to take this class
Lane has been floating for a little while but she mostly glided to the steps. Picture a glider squirrel under water and that was our daughter. She would not move her arms or legs! Marci, the coach, called her lazy. :) She was and I wondered if she would ever understand that kicking helps with movement in the water.
Yesterday was the day! She kicked her way to the steps, to the wall, and to Marci. I was so proud of her! It's incredible to watch my two year old swimming and floating in a pool.
I'm so grateful for Marci and her patience with Lane. Lane even smiled yesterday! Hooray for firsts!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!