Saturday, November 17, 2012

State of Matter

I asked Gabriel's teacher to let me know about their science topics. Gabriel does well in science and math and I enjoy supplementing it at home. When the email said that the class would be learning about states of matter, I had to use one of my Pinterest posts.
On this blog: http://mrsterhune.blogspot.com/2012/01/matter.html
there are three poems about liquids, gases, and solids. The poems are super cute. This was my chance to buy the Post-It sticky easel pad.

A friend used this paper for an advocacy class and I fell in love with it. It's so cool! No tape needed - the top sticks to the wall and I can write on a huge piece of paper.

Solids:

Liquids:

Gases:



I wrote the poems on the paper and hung them in our front hallway. I laminated photos that fit each of the three categories and then added magnets to the back of the pictures and the poems. The kids were able to put the photos in the right spot and learned about the states of matter in the process. I think hands-on activities work well for my kids and I was thrilled to create another activity to help their learning.
When we were done with our poems, I gave it to Gabriel's teacher. I couldn't bear to throw them away after taking time to use magnets and the laminator.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!