Saturday, November 17, 2012

Thankful gifts 2012

While I teach my children to be grateful for their things and people in their lives throughout the year, Thanksgiving is a time of year to emphasize these teachings with my children. I enjoy making gifts for teachers with my children and this is a nice time of year to make a small token of our appreciation for the educators in our lives. We are truly grateful for the teachers we have this year. They love their profession and I think they love my kids too.

First I printed "I'm thankful" notes from this site: http://ericabohrer.blogspot.com/2012/11/updates-thanksgiving-freebies-and.html. The kids colored the turkey, added what they liked about their teacher, and signed their name. Truth be told, Lane can't write her name yet so I did it for her. I am working on that with her but she has little interest. Lane is thankful for one of her teachers because "she is pretty." Gabriel is thankful for his ESE teacher because "he likes her beads." It was too cute to change.

Then I went to this site:

http://www.eventtrender.com/blog/2011/11/a-is-for-apple.html
and made the caramel dip for the teachers. It's so easy and only has 3 ingredients.

Caramel Apple Dip
8 oz. cream cheese (softened)
Marzetti's Caramel Dip (15 oz.)
Heath Bits (found in the baking aisle)



I added an apple, a ribbon, and the homemade card. Whala! Little gifts for the teachers. The most difficult part was finding the 1/2 pint mason jars for the dip. The kids don't have school next week and I still hadn't found the jars as of Thursday afternoon. Finally, late Thursday I found the jars and I was able to pull everything together. I had a plan B but I can save it for treats for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!