Friday, May 23, 2014

Relay For Life

I was introduced to Relay For Life when a friend invited me to help her team sell pizza.  I had no idea what I was participating in but wanted to help and hang out with friends.  A week later I helped with a golfin event for her team. It was a lot of fun! 
This past fall, a wonderful dance mom friend asked if I would help her with St Cloud's Relay.  She gave me a very minor role.  It was perfect for me. I got out once or twice a month without children and also volunteered. I'm not sure how helpful I was but I was there with a smile! 
I had no idea what is required of volunteers to pull off the overnight event. These volunteers are amazing.  They put a ton of time and energy into a beautiful event for the American Cancer Society   I met other committee members who are inspiring. I needed that in my life. 
Our little town had a Paint the Town purple event.  Lane was thrilled to decorate our front porch her favorite color.  We used everything purple that we could think of and we had a nice morning together.   


The night of Harmony's relay was a blast for me. I was apart of a fun team and I haven't laughed so hard in months.  It was great medicine for me. 
If there's a relay in you, check it out.  Take some cash and buy dinner from the teams, walk around and enjoy a family event for a good cause.  You won't regret it n

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!