Monday, June 23, 2014

I Wish Her Well

Lane was in a helping mood after school tonight. She helped me clean our dining room chairs by scrubbing the wood and the cloth seats. I asked her to grab some of the white rags and towels to lay on the wet cushions. 
She held up a handmade towel and told me that it was really pretty.  The girl in the picture reminded her of Goldilocks. The stitched girl looked nothing like Goldilocks but since her school day revolved around the three bears, she had Goldilocks on her mind. 
I explained that her great great grandmother made the towel.  She asked me where this grandma is right now. I told her that Gram died when she was five months old. 
Lane looked at me and said, "well, I wish her well."
Yes, Lane, we wish her well. I like that statement.  We wish many people who are no longer here well.  We wish them well. What a smart four year old.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!