Monday, June 2, 2014

Surprise for me

I'm friends with many special needs moms.   One very good friend who also has two children on the spectrum invited is to her home for a BBQ and swimming. I looked forward to the day away from usual challenges at home. 
The drive is an hour and a half and Gabriel made most of it difficult. He didn't want to be in the van and would have jumped out if given the opportunity.  Since I wouldn't allow his escape, he became aggressive. It was a long hour and a half for me. 
I texted my friend and she said, " keep coming."  I thought, "we are this far, we might as well keep going but I was not thrilled to push through this necessary lesson for Gabriel."  I have many bruises and bite marks to prove my struggles. 
When we arrived, two other adults and another child was at her home. I sat with Gabriel until he was ready to go to the pool.  I was slightly confused as to why my friend had other people at our get together but it is her home so I wasn't about to say anything. 
Once Gabriel was ready to go to the back yard, my friend told me that the other women were behavioral therapists. Awesome!  Even better, my friend planned to take me to lunch and another friend met us there!!! 
I felt so spoiled.  Time away from my responsibilities and Andrew had extensive professional help.  


We chose to stay at the beach last minute.  The area isn't busy yet so the hotel rooms are reasonable  This was our view for coffee in the morning.  Ahhhh- bliss. 


I'm glad my kids enjoy the beach. 
We were also able to go to an outside restaurant. Gabriel gets overwhelmed in restaurants lately so this was a nice treat for is.  The kids fed the fish and we created nice family memories.  Given everything going on right now, we really needed this break. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!