Friday, November 18, 2011

Lunch, leaves, and Laney




I remember the first time I took Gabriel for a lunch date, just the two of us. I felt guilty through the entire thing but thoroughly enjoyed it. He wasn't quite one at the time. I felt guilty because we couldn't truly afford the luxury of a lunch out and Andrew wasn't with me.
I still feel strange about taking one of the kids to lunch alone but not as guilty. We are in a different place financially now and as the kids get older, I know these sweet moments alone will be fewer. That thought alone puts a lump in my throat.



Lane and I had a light lunch at the restaurant a block away. We took our time walking there and back, enjoying the together time. Life can be rushed but I wanted that time with my daughter. She asked me about the leaves and showed me a few of her favorite leaves. She is such a delightful child.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!