Saturday, November 19, 2011

Homemade body wash

Something that has bothered me about the "green" movement and wanting to be more health or environmentally conscious is that it's expensive. I look at the health care items ingredients and many of them don't seem healthier than any other product. I should be able to tell what I'm putting on my families skin and not pay an outrageous amount of money for it
Thus came homemade body wash. I saw the idea on pinterest, of course. I needed to make a sensitive version for my family.
Here is what I did:
I grated 2 cups of soap which was 2 bars. I used my food processor because I love using it but a cheese grater would be fine too



It had a cottage cheese look in the processor.




I added the soap to 1/2 gallon of distilled water. I boiled it until the soap melted.



I also added 2 Tsp of glycerin.



I ordered mine from Amazon but sites say that it's available at stores. I honestly didn't look for it there I paid $6.00 for it and used a fraction of the container
It made a LOT of body wash.



I spent just over $3 for a lot of body wash. I tested it on my arms and hands and I like it. If something changes in a couple days, I'll blog about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!