Monday, March 19, 2012

Monday of Spring Break 2012

The day didn't start off as I planned. The kids and I slept in until 8:40. This is a rarity for us! Most days I would be thrilled I got to sleep in so late but I wanted to leave by 9 to meet a friend and her family. I had to cancel on her which was disappointing. I got the kids dressed in their swim suits rather than regular clothing because they had swim lessons at 1. They adore their swim coach/teacher but for some reason decided they did not want to go swimming. They complained for over an hour about going to the pool. Alex didn't stop complaining when we got to the pool and Lane claimed that she was scared.
Two hours later, no one would know our morning was filled with complaints when they were splashing happily in the pool with their friends. Ah, I thought the day was salvaged and we could move on. In my mind, this is a precursor to our humid and hot summer days. I took the kids to get a snack and headed home. The complaining started again. I told them that it needed to stop or they could sit on their beds until bed time. Up the stairs we went so the kids could get changed out of their swim suits. Alex said that he was going to to the play room to play with blocks. Gabriel followed him. Great, I thought as I helped Lane with her duplos. Not so great was when I heard Gabriel call my name followed by Alex telling him "Don't tell Mom. She will stop us." This is what I found on the wall:
My 5 and 7 year olds painted on the white wall. Lane chanted: paint on paper, not on the wall! Thankfully it was kids paint. Unfortunately, it took over half an hour to clean the wall. Gabriel was very angry that I didn't keep his painting on the wall. I patiently explained that if he used any of the paper in the bin, we could keep that art work. Please, please, please let this NOT be a prelude to our long summer!

1 comment:

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!