Monday, August 19, 2013

First day of 2013-14

Alex and Gabriel began their second grade year of school. After half days last year, we decided that a good solid year of second grade was needed.  We are referring to this as his do over year. 
The boys did well getting ready for school after being off their routine all summer. As we got closer to the school their nerves got the best of  them.  Gabriel started babbling about his hatred for Mario.  Alex stood straight ahead staring. 

We walked them to their classrooms. Alex started crying and clung to Andrew.  Gabriel panicked and ran out of the classroom to get me twice. I thought I would get a phone call and my heart sank whenever the phone rang.  
However, the school didn't call and much to my surprise, Gabriel had a great day.  He completed all of his work for the first time! Alex told me that he loves school and he can't wait to go back.  Wow! I'm so proud and a little hopeful for a good second day. 
Lane had her first day of homeschool preschool. We had a fun day working on the letter "m". We made a monkey puppet, wrote the letter Mm, colored a monkey by written color, made an M collage, circled M words, and worked on fine motor skills by tracing Miss Muffet's path.  


Lane went through her work much faster than I thought she would today. I thought what I prepared would last through the week and not one day. We will talk about magnetism and make a mouse with the letter M. I think I will have to find some more Mm ideas. 



Later in the day we started homemade fruit roll-ups. I wanted to make them for a while and finally took the time to make them. I'm crossing my fingers that the blackberry raspberry and strawberry concoctions turn out edible. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!