Thursday, August 22, 2013

Homemade fruit rollups

I wanted to make homemade fruit rollups for a while. The store bought version are full of dyes and sugar. There is a fruit leather I like but they are expensive and tough to find. 
I was inspired to make it when I heard someone else talk about it. I looked up recipes and there are a couple versions. I don't own a dehydrator so I stuck to oven versions.  
Lane and I pulled out the frozen berries to thaw. We put the berries in the food processor with 3 tablespoons honey. We then spread the fruit on parchment paper on cookie sheets. The fruit has to be spread thin or it doesn't work well.  Lesson learned for next time. 
We cooked the fruit for 6-8 hours at 170 degrees. 


Gabriel and I thoroughly enjoyed the blackberry and raspberry strawberry fruit rollups. I will definitely make these again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!