Thursday, November 28, 2013

Bourbon Street!

We took the kids to Bourbon Street in New Orleans last night.  It is quite the adventure and I have to admit I'm proud of my little travelers. The ten hour drive didn't phase them at all. I am so happy that we can give our children these experiences.  
Here is one way Lane kept herself entertained:


We stopped in Tallahassee for the night to divide the drive into two parts. When we woke up, it was 34 degrees. I can't remember the last time we felt that temperature and we were cold! Lane told Alex to put a blanket on to cool off.  She is a true Floridian after all.  She doesn't even know the terms to warm up! 
We drove to Mobile, Alabama, where we had lunch and visited the USS Alabama. We learned a lot about WW II and the battleships. The kids thoroughly enjoyed exploring the ship.  My camera didn't cooperate so I didn't get many good photos of our experience on the ship. 
Our lunch was wonderful.  The hospitality of the south can't be beat and I love the accents. The staff at the restaurant was very accommodating to my children and pointed out an alligator habitat.  
I took the kids outside the alligators.  We also watched a fisherman catch catfish.  Alex was positive he caught a baby shark and he was very disturbed by it. 
The kids also experienced a hammock.  Kids and a hammock for the first time is a hilarious thing to watch. They flipped and turned and laughed hysterically. 
After we checked into our hotel, we bundled up and took the kids to Bourbon Street.  It looks very different from my last visit here, over a decade ago.  It has the same flair and upbeat energy though. 
We enjoyed the amazing food of New Orleans and the music.  Oh the music! Alex's hip hop lessons have clearly enhanced his freestyle.  His moves are amazing for his little body.  Gabriel was thrilled with the jazz. 


Gabriel knuckled and high fived every homeless person and each person asking for money.  I had an issue with safety at first but realized each person had a huge smile on their face when he touched them. Gabriel is a very unique and loving child. 


Please note the Trouble shirts in the background. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!