Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Potty Training

I have quite a bit of experience potty training children from my nanny and teaching days. I've decided that potty training children who do not have half my genetic make-up is much easier process. I was able to potty train other peoples cuties in a matter of days when the kids were still toddlers.
Despite that experience, I have no good tips or ideas. Google potty training and you get a ton of ideas. In some cities, you can even hire someone to come in and potty train your child. I think you pick a method, stick with a couple weeks, and move on to another method if it doesn't work.
My kids have been a different story altogether Gabriel's autism and SPD made potty training a big challenge. He was over four years old before he used the potty in a consistent basis. We had to reward him with many little toys. Alex was almost 4.5 He had zero interest and it became a real battle with him. So I had two children in diapers for a long time.
Lane has been much easier. She tries really hard to make it to the potty by herself. Sometimes she pees all over the floor and sometimes she gets poop
on every surface of the bathroom. However, sometimes she does exactly what she is supposed to do. The thought of having three kids out of diapers is exciting. Yes, it is the little things in my world that make me happy!
Lane helped her Cinderella and Gabriel's Chilly (penguin) go potty yesterday. She does some of the cutest things. Unfortunately Chilly needs a bath in the washer today because he made a trip into the toilet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!