Thursday, April 4, 2013

CCVC word cards



Almost a year ago, I saw a pin on Pinterest with vinyl chalkboard paper. It was as cool to me as the large post-it graph paper. I couldn't figure out a great way to use it though. I already had labels made for the pantry and the kids toys. I already made a chalkboard with an old cabinet and chalkboard paint. I wanted to purchase this lovely chalkboard paper but I needed an excuse to buy it.
Then I stumbled on this site: http://www.classroomfreebies.com/2012/10/build-it-write-it.html
Oh yeah! CVC and CCVC (consonant, consonant, vowel, consonant words such as flag, sled, glad) cards that are ready to be printed. Gabriel still struggles with CCVC words and I want to help him. This is an awesome idea for him.
I printed the cards, cut them, and cut up my chalkboard paper. It is a lovely product. It easy to cut and it sticks to paper easily. It even has wrapping paper like grids on the back to help with straight lines.
I put letter tiles from the boys Nabi tablet in a bowl. I set the bowl, the cards, and chalk on a tray for Gabriel. He immediately worked on writing the letters which is rare for him because writing is a challenge. I wonder if the fat chalk made it easier for him. (??) He placed the tiles correctly and seemed to like the activity *almost* as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!