Thursday, May 23, 2013

A week with the grandparents

My parents and my brother arrived the day before my birthday.  We are usually so busy when they are here and I want to savor every minute, which doesn't allow for much time to type in my blog. 
On my actual birthday, we took the kids to dance and then to lunch at a lakeside restaurant. Later that evening they watched the kids so we could celebrate the day of my birth with friends.  It was a fantastic rarity to have a night out with adults.
Poppy made a model car with Gabriel.  Gabriel was excited for weeks before their arrival to make it.  Then they got it out and Gabriel lost his enthusiasm. I guess he wanted a real car to drive to McDonald's.  I didn't realize he meant that when he told me 
Later in the week, we went for a hike to Cat Lake.  Cat Lake is located near our home.  It's an easy walk to a gorgeous lake with huge banyan trees and Florida wildlife. The kids were excited to see an armadillo scurrying in the campground. 

The kids are at the ages where time with Granny and Poppy is wonderful.  They are thrilled to have them here. Lane is especially happy to have shoulders to sit on when we go on adventures. 

On Thursday, we kept the kids home from school and traveled half an hour to the beach. Gabriel searched for a fish in the water. He wasn't sure if he would eat the fish or keep it as a pet. After about three hours of jumping waves and building sand castles, we left with sun kissed cheeks.  Life in Florida can be good. 
We are off to Disney tomorrow if everyone is in a cooperative mood.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!