Friday, May 10, 2013

Pen holder for teacher appreciation

Due to unforeseen vehicle expenses, my spending money for teacher appreciation week was very limited.  I went to the dollar store in search of something cute and budget friendly.  
I saw a crayon decorated holder for pens. I didn't  have the inspiration at hand so I had to wing it.  A pack of 48 crayons, a 2 pack of sticky notes, and two packs of a dozen pens seemed like the right items to make it. Four dollars plus tax was my total. 
My insomnia hit so I grabbed two small mason jars, some Dr Seuss ribbon, and a glue fun.  I almost needed all of the crayons. The ribbon pulled it all together but it seemed to need more even after I added the pens as sticky notes. 
I found an adorable Dr Seuss quote and printed it for free. I set the quote in the jar and wrapped everything for the next day.
I gave the more expensive gift cards at the beginning of the week and I think these gifts were just as  appreciated.  At least I hope so. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!