Monday, May 13, 2013

Siegel's Salesperson, I hate you



To Whom It May Concern;

A couple weeks ago, I purchased two dresses from the Siegels located at 330 Park Avenue in Winter Park, FL.. I was delighted by the clothing and have enjoyed purchasing Spiegels over the years. However, the female salesperson has discouraged me from purchasing from Spiegels.

I asked the salesperson if there was a particular dress in a larger size, to which she replied, "I do not have your size in most of my dresses." I should have left the store in that moment but I love the clothing. Instead, I ignored her and continued to look for something I could wear. She made several comments about my size and weight while I continued to look for a dress. She had no idea if I was buying a gift or a dress for myself.

It was dress for myself and I am currently a size 14/16. I'm larger than I have ever been in my life due to a chronic joint and muscle disease and medication I am taking. It is through no fault of my own. When I mentioned that I have a birthday coming up, she asked if I am in my mid-40s. (I will be 40)

I brought my dresses home and decided that due to her rude behavior, I would drice 45 minutes to return the dresses a few days later. While the male salesperson returned the dresses, she walked up to the counter. She asked, "were the dresses too small?" I smiled and politely responded, "no, actually, they fit fine." She walked away and hung the dresses up. Even if I wanted to squeeze my large tush in a dress, it is none of her business. (spanx works great, by the way)

I do not think this is the type of salesperson Siegels wants to represent their fine line of clothing. I deserve to be treated with dignity and respect as a customer. I took my business down the street and bought several dresses and the salespeople were delightful. At the very least, I deserve an apology from this salesperson.

Please let me know if this needs to be forwarded to someone in particular.

Thank you for your time,

Jessica M. Fredrick

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!