Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Meet Flower

The kids have been asking for a new pet since January.  To be honest, I don't want the expense or the added commitment right now.  If I am going to pick up after another creature right now, I want another human baby. 
 I also don't want the heartache when the pet passes away. I researched tortoises for that reason: it might outlive me.  The dogs are now 10 and 11. We have said good bye to our two sweet kitties and I don't want experience any more deaths through pet loss 
Then the guilt as a mother hits me.  Why not allow the children the joy of caring for a pet and teach them the responsibility that comes along with having another pet.  
So when we were in the pet store this weekend, Lane and Gabriel changed t mind.  We have another beta fish. "Goldfish" lived for years and even made it across the country before crossing the Rainbow Bridge.  
Please welcome Flower to our family. May "she" (the label stated male) lives y happy years with us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!