Monday, May 27, 2013

Spring sensory bin

Since Gabriel started occupational therapy about six years ago, I learned how important sensory input is for children. His private occupational therapist in Iowa had a great des for sensory bins. I always thought in terms of classrooms and children's museums.  Those bins are huge and impractical for home use.  She had a rectangular bin with a lid on it. 
Brilliant! I've had the same bin with different things in it.  Moon sand was a favorite item for a long time. The shallow bin kept the mess contained and that is always helpful with little ones. 
My latest addition to our sensory bin was dollar store Easter grass with spring and Easter items. I included a plastic dish to put the items in as well as a shovel and rake. It has provided hours of fun with the grass. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!