Sunday, September 1, 2013

Meet the Teacher 2013

The boys are both in second grade this year.  Gabriel attended half days last year and it was our decision to have a "do over" year. Without a solid base, I think he will end up struggling again. 
Gabriel is with the teacher who is working with the IEP kids this year and Alex is in the advanced classroom. They have team teachers and I will admit that I had a lot of hesitation when I found out. The boys are very competitive and physical with each other at home.  I worry that thy will be in the same room and will forget about appropriate behavior at school.  Last year they saw each other on the playground and immediately wrapped their arms around the others neck and began wrestling. I envisioned two suspended little boys. 
I voiced my concerns in Alex's IEP meeting and hope the teachers don't let their guard down when the boys are together. 
Their teachers seem caring and wonderful after two weeks.  Alex's teacher has called us at home because he left the school upset. She didn't want him upset before his weekend started. She also takes her time with Alex and works well with him so far. 



We went to Meet the Teacher a little early in order to avoid the crowd and extra commotion. I wanted to start off on the right foot this year.  The boys were given lots of fun stuff from their teachers and I was impressed by their creativity ad thoughtfulness. 

I'm very hopeful for a successful second grade school year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!