Monday, September 16, 2013

U Scream, I Scream

One afternoon the kids were wild.  Absolutely wild.  They could not occupy themselves without yelling, bickering, or running around the house. It was 95 degrees with humidity that made it feel like pea soup so playing outside did not sound appealing to me.
I pulled out the little ice cream makers Alex received for his birthday. We found the recipe for vanilla ice cream and dumped the ingredients into the makers. The kids shook and shook the heck out of the things. I didn't think it would work but I was happy the kids were all occupied with shaking in the hopes of vanilla ice cream. 
Whipping cream, vanilla extract, ice cubes, and salt created a soft ice cream that made the kids happy and content. This activity actually saved our day and they were sweet children after they consume their ice cream. I was pleasantly surprised that the things worked! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!