Friday, September 20, 2013

Peacock, flower, and indoor hopscotch

Lane's friend came over last minute for a play date today. There something really sweet about watching two four-year-old girls interact. They picked out dress up clothes including wings, asked me to have a tea party, and created a mini grocery store. Shortly after that, I had to rescue the two princesses and baby Rapunzel from an evil villain who invaded the kingdom.
Then the girls wanted to take chalk outside for hopscotch. I did not feel like going out in the heat though so I offered to make it inside with them. They both gave me a funny look when I grabbed the colored duct tape left over from the birthday parties and the markers. We quickly made hopscotch in the hallway on the tile and they were jumping away. They also practiced writing numbers inside the squares. Ah - learning and they didn't even notice!


We looked at my Pinterest board and picked out a couple crafts to make and then we invaded the art room for some creativity time. We made cute peacocks. It was easy. The girls painted coffee filters blue, green, and purple. Then we added bodies, wiggle eyes, beaks, and feet. 


Lane's friend added feathers too. Of course, I had to talk about the letter P and the sound as they painted.
Then we made a flower craft. I cut out a tulip and put it on contact paper. The girls added tissue paper squares and that was it. 



I look forward to our next play date!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!