Friday, September 20, 2013

Tangled Doll Hair

Lane brought her Rapunzel doll to me and told me that she couldn't "let down her golden hair" because it was tangled. (The pun isn't lost on me.) I wasn't entirely sure that doll hair could be fixed. Lane and I googled how to fix messy doll hair and we found many different ways to fix Rapunzel's hair. 


I giggled about how this wouldn't happen with the boys. It was definitely a "girl" adventure. The boys have had dolls but they didn't care if the hair was messy and I think their dolls all had no hair or very short hair, making messy hair impossible.
I found one easy way to fix the doll's hair. We started by getting the doll's hair wet. 


Then we put the doll on a towel and divided her hair into six equal parts. This doll has a LOT of thick, long hair. Then we added lots of conditioner to the hair and let her sit for half an hour.
We returned to the doll and brushed her hair. I honestly didn't know if it would work but it didn't take long and Rapunzel was able to let down her golden hair again. 


Lane was a happy four year old once again.

2 comments:

  1. Did you lose a lot of Rapunzel's hair in the process? That's always our problem with barbie Rapunzel...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We didn't lose much hair which was surprising. Barbie Rapunzel has lost much of her hair due to a 4 year old hair cut here.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!