Saturday, April 16, 2011

Days 4 and 5 of Single Parenting

Days 4 and 5 of single parenting went well. I saw every hour on the clock since none of the children could stay asleep. That made accomplishing anything difficult but I managed.
Day 4 was busy which helped because I could have slept anywhere. Lane and I went to a Volunteer lunch at the Holiday Inn. We had a nice time talking to the other volunteers who go to Westwood Nursing home.
We picked Alexander up early from PreK to take him to TK registration. Despite taking time to explain to Alex what would happen at registration, he cried when he went with the other kids to the TK room. Later he sobbed and told me that he was sad that he wasn't in the same school with Gabriel. It was awful to try to comfort him. Later, the babysitter came to watch Alex and Lane while I took Gabriel to horseback riding. He LOVES it. He gets so excited that he has a tough time waiting his turn to get on the horse. He is riding Peanut in this photo, a much smaller horse than the last two times. The other horse is named Royal. Peanut is more "bouncy" than the other horse which seemed to be more challenging for Gabriel.
Day 5 consisted of taking the boys to school and then meeting friends at Panera for coffee and a breakfast sandwich. What a treat! I truly enjoy my playgroup friends and their children. We went with Sarah Bradbury and her daughter to Bomgaards to see the chicks, ducklings, and bunnies. Lane was terrified of the bunnies while Leah, 2 months younger, was thrilled with them.
We went to the Swanger's house to make bows. It was so nice to chat with my friend while the girls played. Gabriel had aquatic therapy at Four Seasons so Alex, Lane, and I worked on a "welcome home" sign for Andrew. It was a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the picture of Gabriel on the horse!!! You always amaze me!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!