Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter 2011

Granny, Poppy, and Uncle Sam (my family) were here for the Easter weekend. We had a traditional Easter egg hunt and dyed eggs. The kids were classicaly cute during the Egg hunt. (my camera is broken so I'm waiting to add photos when I snag them from my dad) Even Laney had fun picking plastic eggs up from the front yard.
We took everyone to STARS to show them Gabriel's horse. Gabriel was very proud to tell Granny and Poppy about "his" horse Peanut.
We had a very untraditional meal since we don't eat much meat, let alone ham. Andrew grilled fish for all us - yummy!
On Saturday, we took a trip to Sioux Falls. We went to the park to show everyone the falls. It was a cold day but unlike a trip in the past, we were prepared. We also walked around downtown where I bought a fun red shirt for myself. :) Somehow the kids got a large bag of candy despite the Easter bunny's arrival the next day.
Andrew and I got a couple hours away to a nice dinner together. How rare! Apparently we came home too early because everyone was wide awake and still playing at 9:30. It was wonderful to see the kids enchanted by their grandparents. Alex and Lane showed off their dancing skills as well. I will have to get their dancing on video soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!