Friday, April 29, 2011

Kansas City mini-vacation



Andrew had a meeting in Kansas City to attend. The boys were still on spring break so we joined him. It was quite an adventure.
We arrived on Monday, April 25th. We walked around the Power & Light district of downtown. Alex was amused by the talking elevator. The kids enjoyed the fountains and I was thrilled to try a beer sampler at the restaurant. I don't drink much beer any more so it was a real treat to have some on vacation.
On Tuesday, I took the kids to the Deanna Rose Children's Farmstead. It's a twelve acre farm. The kids LOVED it. They got to see many animals and played on the playgrounds. The best part is that it's free and the lunch that we purchased was affordable - quite a wonderful surprise at a children's attraction. We even went on a hay ride!
Unfortunately, things got very interesting when Lane got daring and went down a long tunnel slide. She landed on her neck and head. I have to admit that it was an awful thing to witness. She stopped sobbing and kept playing. As we were leaving, I noticed her head was bleeding. I asked the people at the farmstead if they had a first aid kit and the woman proceeded to freak me out about head injuries.
On the way back to the hotel, I called our insurance to get information about the ER and Urgent Care. They recommended that I take her to Urgent Care. Looking for UC in a new city is zero fun - thankfully Andrew was done with his meeting and was able to get directions and help me take the kids to UC. The dr thought she was fine and sent us on our way.
We then found Fritz's Railroad restaurant. The kids thought it was really neat to get our food delivered by a train!
The fun continued through the evening when Miss Lane vomited all over me three times. There aren't many more disgusting things than waking up to a child vomiting all over you. Then jumping in the shower and figuring out what to do with the dirty linens at 1 am is a real challenge. What an ending to a mini vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!