Friday, August 19, 2011

Gifts from Denver

What is it about something delivered in the mail that makes me giddy? A handwritten note, a card, a gift - it all brings a smile to my face. While I appreciate a text or email, there is something more special about getting a message hand delivered to my home. Maybe it's knowing the extra time it took out of someones day to think about me that makes it even more special.
My children feel the same way. Alex and Lane recently received gifts from their Uncle Nik for their birthdays. The box contained baskets with water/sand toys. Lane literally squealed when she saw it!


I filled their water table up on the back deck since we don't have a back yard. I watered the neighbors plants while the children played with their new toys.


By the time I was done watering the plants, the kids had made a slip n slide out of the concrete deck. They were sliding across the entire length of it and slamming into the rail at the end. I had to put their fun to an end when it seemed unsafe - they were bodyslamming themselves into the concrete. I honestly didn't want to explain any injuries to our new doctor just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!