Wednesday, June 27, 2012

End of Year Gifts

Whoever came up with Teacher Appreciation Week should have scheduled it a different month. Once I was done with Teacher Appreciation Week and IEP meetings, I had to turn around and figure out something for the end of the year. I wanted something unique and created by my children. I lucked out and found plastic cups with inserts on sale at Hobby Lobby. Alex and Gabriel decorated the inside papers with drawings, stickers, and their photos. They turned out really cute.
The kids also decorated gift bags for their teachers. Lane enjoyed the stickers and didn't want to stop deocrating her bags. I added "Owl I Miss" since we used owl stickers. The idea I saw was more sophisticated but I liked the saying and wanted my kids personal touch to the gift bags. I added a bright ribbon to the top and we were done.
Each child also wrote a letter to their teacher. Lane drew a piture and told me what she wanted me to write. I also had the boys filled out "ten things my teacher taught me." Thank goodness we didn't have homework the last week of school so that gave us enough time to work on everything. The free printables can be found here: http://whattheteacherwants.blogspot.com/ and here: http://thirdgradelove.blogspot.com/
Last but not least, the kids and I put together end of the year treats for the other 50 kids. These were easy peasy! The best part is someone made the template and doesn't mind sharing it. I printed the balloons on construction paper so they would be colorful. The template can be found here: http://hojosteacherstore.blogspot.com/2012/05/end-of-year-student-gift.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!